Corruption, persecution, racial tension, financial inequality… Civil conflict across the globe has exploded. As inequality tears the very fabric of society the discontentment of the masses manifests itself in violent public disturbances and disorder.
RIOT – Civil Unrest is a simulation video game that recreates some of the world’s infamous riots. Campaigns include: The Italian NoTav opposition to a planned high-speed rail link between Turin and Lyon; The Arab Spring uprising in Egypt; Indignados, the anti-austerity protests in Spain; and Keratea, the landfill fuelled struggle against the government in crisis-racked Greece. In addition, there are over 30 single scenarios including London in the UK and Oakland in the USA.
RIOT – Civil Unrest’s creator, Leonard Menchiari, experienced rioting first-hand at the NoTAV protests in Italy. He created the game to tell the stories and express the emotions felt during these clashes. What triggers the anger and aggression? Often outnumbered, what does a police officer endure during the conflict?
RIOT – Civil Unrest features Leonard Menchiari’s unique and beautiful pixel art. The Bologna-based development team worked hard on the crowd behaviour. Each individual character has its own artificial intelligence and personal space that gives the overall crowd mass very realistic and fluid movement.
Aus 'ner Feature-Liste vom vergangenen Jahr:
PLAY AS THE POLICE
- Employ numerous crowd-control tactics, both passive and aggressive.
- Command Assault, Tactical, Ballistic, Arrest and Plain Clothes squads.
- Call in police trucks, water cannon, snatch squads and others.
- Choose whether to use smoke grenades, rubber and plastic bullets, tasers or even live ammunition.
PLAY AS THE RIOTERS
- Instruct Leaders, Agitators, Rioters (armed and passive) and Journalists.
- Incite rage and cause the masses to act aggressively or try to calm the situation with tactical crowd reformation and retreats.
- Attack authority with Molotov cocktails, fireworks, paper-bombs, rocks, street furniture and the power of the media.
- Twenty levels split over four campaigns Keratea (Greece), NoTAV (Italy), Indignados (Spain) and Arab Spring (Egypt).
- See the story unfold from both sides - play all twenty levels as the Rioters or the Police.
- Single player mode - play against the computer AI.
- Skirmish mode - play against a friend on the same computer.
- Multiplayer mode: play against a friend online.
CREATE YOUR OWN RIOTS WITH THE LEVEL EDITOR
- Alter the look of the confrontation by importing your own background graphics.
- Position elements, vehicles and obstacles where you want them.
- Set the time of day and the weather.
- Choose and position rioters and police starting points as well as their orders and level of aggression.