• „He died with shit in his pants.“ That is exactly how Sam Peckinpah directed The Wild Bunch. Peckinpah was so afflicted with hemorrhoids that the film’s first assistant director, in Stratton’s words, “could smell Peckinpah before he saw him, the stench of Preparation H, shit, and blood assailing all noses in his vicinity.” The director further demonstrated his unconcern with honor, dignity, and valor by habitually wearing white jeans on set.
“Still, he didn’t allow [it] to slow him down,” adds Stratton, whose portrait of the director does not shy away from showing Peckinpah as a blackout drunk, a bad loser with a violent temper, and a man who got into bar fights he knew he couldn’t win, then depended on the street-fighting talents of stuntmen to extricate him before he got pulped.
• If you’re too young to remember the MillionDollarHomepage you’re blessed. It was one of the first commercial crazes of the early 2000s-web after the breakdown of the „new economy“ and someone sold 1 pixel for 1 Dollar on a webpage with a color of your choice, 1 Million of them. It fucking worked. „PixelPirate is like Google Maps, but for MillionDollarHomepage Pixels. Additional data mining enhancements include a detailed analysis of available MillionDollarHomepage Pixels, active MillionDollarHomepage Pixels, and a full / comprehensive list of all known MillionDollarHomepage Pixels.“
• Roberta Bailey über Punkfotografie: „Meine Fotos sind aktionsorientiert“: Roberta Bailey ist eine frühe Chronistin des Punk. Die New Yorkerin über ihre Zeit an der Tür des Clubs CBGB’s und die US-Tournee der Sex Pistols.
• How to train your brain to lucid dream
• Transformers Generations Collaborative: Ghostbusters Mash-Up Ecto-1 Ectotron
• Die Streams großer Millionen-Stars gehen massiv zurück, dafür steigen die Streams von mittelbekannten Künstler, die jährlich zwischen 10 und 100k Dollar umsetzen: What is Happening to Streaming’s Superstars? Interessante These in den Comments beim Rolling Stone: „It’s Metal. The fastest growing music genre in the world. Without one huge band at the moment, just lots and lots of middle tier bands having success.“
• Is Lo-Fi House the First Genre of the Algorithm Age?: How YouTube’s related video algorithm helped shaped the strange rise of hazy acts like DJ Boring, DJ Seinfeld, and Ross From Friends.
• In Search of Marcel Proust:
Given that a normal French sentence is 15 words long, let’s see how Proust writes:
– 75% of words in the book belong in sentences with over 29 words.
– 25% of the words are contained in 7% of the sentences.
– The longest sentence in the book is 844 words long
As we can see on the punctuation chart on the right, Proust’s writing relies heavily on commas with more than 2.5 commas per sentence. We can also see that he puts a semicolon almost every ten sentence in order to avoid breaking long structures. Today, French people do not even use semicolons. Finally we can see that Proust does not really use punctuation like ! or ? to give rythme to its sentences. They mainly appear in dialogues.
Neu auf Nerdcore:
Im Staub des Planeten: Der Horror der Philosophie mit Eugene Thacker
Neal Stephenson über Soziale Medien: „We’re actually living through the worst-case scenario right now“
[Klimalinks 19.7.2019] Eat the Rich; Weniger CO₂-Budget als gedacht; erstes #FridaysForFuture-Bußgeld zurückgezogen; Klimawandel beschleunigt Gentrifizierung
Musikvideos: Brittany Howard, Red Hearse, Deutsche Laichen, Dälek, Yeule, Grün Wasser, Twin Peaks, Ceremony, Blis, Molly Sarlé, Cherry Pickles, Little Scream, Shannon Lay, Sleater-Kinney, Jade Imagine, The Sonder Bombs, Speelburg, The Struts
Top Gun 2 – Trailer