Neue Trailer zu Deerskin von Quentin „Mr.Oizo“ Dupieux (Rubber, Wrong Cops), zur dystopischen Indie-Action Jessica Forever, zum A24-Thriller Low Tide, zum Indie-Vampir-Drama Bliss sowie zu Honey Boy von Alma Har’el und Shia Labeouf.
In den Newsbits spricht Quentin Tarantino über Horrorfilme, Stephen Kings Roadwork und Lisey’s Story werden verfilmt, lifesized Chuckys und ein dritter Teil von Tales from the Hood wurde angekündigt.
A man’s obsession with his designer deerskin jacket causes him to blow his life savings and turn to crime.
The book’s official description reads, “It’s all coming to an end for Barton Dawes. The city’s Highway 784 extension is in the process of being constructed right across town and inexorably through every aspect of Bart’s existence—whether it’s about to barrel over the laundry plant where he makes a living, or soon to smash through the very home where he makes a life. But as a result, something’s been happening inside Bart’s head that a heartless local bureaucracy isn’t prepared for—a complete and irrevocable burnout of the mental circuit breaker that keeps a mild-mannered person from turning to violent means. As the wheels of progress and a demolition crew continue unabated throughout Bart’s neighborhood, he’s not about to give everything up without a fight. As a matter of fact, he’s ready and waiting to ignite an explosive confrontation with the legislative forces gathered against him.”
Nightmare Alley begins with an extraordinary description of a freak-show geek—alcoholic and abject and the object of the voyeuristic crowd’s gleeful disgust and derision—going about his work at a county fair. Young Stan Carlisle is working as a carny, and he wonders how a man could fall so low. There’s no way in hell, he vows, that anything like that will ever happen to him.
And since Stan is clever and ambitious and not without a useful streak of ruthlessness, soon enough he’s going places. Onstage he plays the mentalist with a cute bimbo (before long his harried wife), then he graduates to full-blown spiritualist, catering to the needs of the rich and gullible in their well-upholstered homes. It looks like the world is Stan’s for the taking. At least for now.
Cooper replaced Leonardo DiCaprio in the role of Stan, and he’ll be joined by Toni Collette, Cate Blanchett, Rooney Mara, Richard Jenkins, Willem Dafoe, and Michael Shannon.
• Small Screen Adaptation of Stephen King’s ‘Lisey’s Story’ Lands a Director: King himself is writing all eight episodes, Julianne Moore is attached to star. The series is described as a deeply personal thriller that follows Lisey (Moore) two years following the death of her husband.
“Why not make your tenth film a horror movie?” Tarantino was asked. “If I come up with a terrific horror film story, I *will* do that as my tenth film,” Tarantino replied.
He continued, “I love horror movies. I would love to do a horror film. And I do actually think that the Spahn Ranch sequence is the closest to a horror sequence. I do think it’s vaguely terrifying. And I didn’t quite realize how good we did it, frankly, until my editor told me. He goes, ‘the Spahn Ranch sequence is a horror film…it’s The Texas Chain Saw Massacre with a budget.’”
– This LEGO Ideas set includes 7 new-for-September-2019 minifigures: Ross Geller, Rachel Green, Chandler Bing, Monica Geller, Joey Tribbiani, Phoebe Buffay and Gunther.
– The CENTRAL PERK café construction toy features the iconic main seating area including a sofa, armchair, 2 chairs and a table; service area with a brick-built coffee machine, service counter, cash register, cookie jar with 2 cookie elements, menu board element and other authentic items; a stage for musical performances with a sofa; extra seats and tables; 3 pillar elements in a new-for-September-2019 green color; umbrella stand with 2 umbrella elements; window with ‘CENTRAL PERK’ logo decoration; entrance doors; and 2 brick-built TV studio light rigs with translucent light-style elements.
– The seating area for the show’s star characters is removable for easy play.
– The minifigures each have their own items inspired by the TV series, including Ross’s brick-built keyboard and the following accessory elements: Rachel’s tray and coffee cup, Monica’s muffin, Joey’s pizza box, pizza slice and ‘man bag’, Chandler’s laptop, Phoebe’s guitar and Gunther’s broom.
– Other accessory elements in this café playset include a newspaper, 15 coffee cups, and a ‘Reserved’ sign, plus 3 vases and buildable flowers.
A dystopian world is ruled by violent orphans, but one woman and her improvised family of rehabilitated misfits fight for peace.
In Low Tide, Alan, Red, and Smitty spend high summer on the Jersey Shore roving the boardwalk and getting into trouble. But the discovery of good old fashioned treasure sets the friends on an escalating course of suspicion and violence in this atmospheric thriller.
A child actor works to mend the relationship with his hard-drinking, law-breaking father.
A brilliant painter turns to anything she can to complete her masterpiece, spiraling into a hallucinatory hellscape of drugs, sex, and murder.
Neu auf Nerdcore: